- Rights of data subjects
- Privacy online and website security
- Passive collection
- Active collection
- Law and Jurisdiction
Banca Generali attaches the utmost importance to confidentiality and to the protection and safety of information, particularly to personal data concerning its customers and anyone who comes into contact with the company.
For this reason, you are invited to read this section, which gives an overview of company's guidelines on the protection of personal data, before continuing with your navigation.
The following sections outline the methods used to administer this site with regard to the processing of users' personal data. Pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Personal Data Protection Code), this information is also provided to anyone using services provided over the Internet by Banca Generali (the Data Controller).
Information is provided for and applies to Banca Generali websites only (www.bancagenerali.it / www.bancagenerali.com). It is not applicable to any other website linked to the Banca Generali site.
When browsing our website, you are not required to provide any personal data. However, the paragraphs below include a brief description of the technology used by our Company to store data concerning the equipment you use to navigate our Site, technology that helps us track user behaviour.
You have to provide personal data only if you want to get in contact with us or ask us for advice. In such cases, you are invited to supply only the data strictly necessary to handle your request and you may take the opportunity to read the information that is provided here, in accordance with the law.
Banca Generali processes personal data concerning third parties while taking all necessary steps to guarantee data confidentiality and security, in line with technological developments, particularly in the field of computer technology.
- The Data Controller is Banca Generali S.p.A., which has its registered office in Via Machiavelli 4, Trieste
- The person in charge of the implementation of privacy legislation at a corporate level is Gian Maria MOSSA.
- The company's Operations Department has been appointed as the "department responsible for replying to data subjects in the event they exercise their rights under Art. 7" and has the task of interfacing with outside parties as regards privacy matters. You may apply to this department to exercise your right to access your data and to obtain any further information on privacy
- Data processors have been appointed to guarantee compliance with privacy legislation and with instructions provided for the whole company (person in charge of the processing website just in Italian version).
- Those who process personal data are referred to as "Persons in charge of the processing". They have been provided with specific instructions and benefit from an ongoing training program
- Due to specific technical and organizational requirements, the Company avails itself of third parties to carry out some data processing. They may act as "Persons in charge of the processing" or as "Data Processors" for the Company or operate autonomously as "Data Controllers", processing data separately but with the same aims as the Company. For the same purposes, datas may disclosed to Generali Group companies, in Italy and abroad. Your data is not subject to dissemination.
The Company only collects personal information as is strictly necessary to perform services requested by you or for other purposes for which such information has been supplied; particular importance is attached to sensitive data, which are processed only after having ascertained on a case by case basis that it would be impossible to process them anonymously.
The Company processes personal information by taking all necessary physical and IT security measures, in accordance with the arrangements laid down in the Privacy Code and in the technical specifications thereto attached.
At the end of the processing, the Company will store data it is required to store and, if such obligation does not exist or if such term has elapsed, it will erase the data or transform it into anonymous form.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are a sort of reminder for a website of a user visit, small lines of text containing data that may be stored on a users computer when the users browser (e.g., Chrome or Internet Explorer) retrieves a given website. Thanks to cookies, the server sends information that will be re-read and updated whenever the user returns to the website. This will allow the website to adapt itself automatically to suit the user, thus improving the browsing experience.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies are primarily used to:
- improve the users browsing experience of the website;
- provide the site manager with user browsing information, one purpose of which is to obtain statistical data concerning site use and improving site browsing;
- send any advertising messages.
The following are some examples of cookie types:
Also known as technical cookies, these are fundamental to browsing the website using all of its features, such as access to secure areas (e.g., Customer Area). Without these cookies, it would not be possible to provide the requested services. These cookies do not collect information to be used for commercial purposes. This category includes cookies used by platforms supporting the banks security infrastructure.
Cookies used for statistical analysis of site access/visits (so-called analytics cookies) are for statistical purposes only and collect information in aggregate form. Users may opt out of the use of this type of cookies, normally by enabling specific features of their browsers, and in some cases through mechanisms that render such cookies anonymous.
It should also be noted that cookies may remain on the users system for long periods and may contain a unique identification code. This allows the sites that use them to track the users browsing of the sites in question.
Banca Generali uses Google Analytics cookies.
For further information, consult the Google privacy notice.
For information about how to modify your cookies settings, select the browser you are using from the following list:
If you disable cookies, you may also disable some site features. Even with all cookies disabled, your browser may continue to store a small amount of information required for the sites basic features.
Rights of data subjects
Data subjects may apply to the Operations Department mentioned above for any information on personal data, namely:
- to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her exist and to receive such data in intelligible form
- to be informed of the source of the personal data, of the purposes and methods of its processing and of the logic applied to the processing if the latter is carried out electronically
- to obtain a list of the entities or types of entity to which the personal data may be communicated and that may get access to such data in their capacity as data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing
- to ask for their data be updated or corrected and, if the data has been processed unlawfully, to demand that they be erased or rendered anonymous
- to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of their personal on legitimate grounds or for commercial purposes
All such requests can be mailed to:
Banca Generali S.p.A.
Corso Cavour 5/A
Privacy online and website security
This section provides information about the active and passive collection of information concerning you and your equipment as well as about the security measures taken by the Company.
While you browse an Internet site, it is technically viable to collect information about you without your explicit registration or active role. This type of collection is referred to as "passive collection". A description follows in particular of the methods of use of IP addresses, permanent or session cookies, Internet tags and navigation information. It explains how to opt out of such features and the implications of doing so.
The services provided on this website:
- Do not use IP addresses (Internet Protocol Addresses) to collect information. However, IP addresses are stored in navigation information
- Use navigation data as aggregate data for statistical purposes only
- Do not use Internet tags
- E-mail: Data received by e-mails sent to the website are used to reply to your requests only. This information is stored for statistical purposes only and to check whether there are any precedents. Your name may be included in specific mailing lists only if expressly requested by you in order to receive documents from us (press releases, financial statements, etc.)
- Registration: To access a number of services, you are required to fill in a form. This information is used to reply to your request and to provide requested services only
Law and Jurisdiction
For any dispute arising from these terms and conditions and activities covered thereto the Court of Trieste, Italy, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Banca Generali nonetheless reserves the right to take legal proceedings in countries other than Italy to protect its interests or to enforce its rights whenever it deems it appropriate to do so.