The goal of our work is to improve the lives of our customers, turning a promise into reality.
Long term trust
Although 2022 was a particularly challenging year for the Assoreti market, Banca Generali succeeded in containing the decline in assets under management (-2.9% compared to December 2021) and in increasing the number of its customers from 331,646 to 341,732 (+3%).
|Customers Number and AUM||Customers Number||Asset Under Management (billion €)|
|< of 35||10%||10%||10%|
|> of 70||24%||24%||24%|
Breakdown of Customers by geographical area
Our products and services are designed according to a responsible, transparent approach based on specific guidelines:
- Offering with no conflicts of interest based on an open architecture: we offer our clients a full range of open-architecture investment solutions featuring flexibility and personalisation, so as to meet their different needs and requirements and ensure consistency with their financial planning objectives, risk tolerance and asset allocation;
- Protecting households' investments: we have created insurance investment products that offer financial coverage for the important life projects of our customers and their family members such as obtaining a diploma or university degree, buying a first home, or marriage. These products include insurance covers to protect their savings plans, which take over if unforeseen life events prevent the client completing what has been planned. We have also developed ad-hoc tools for supporting our Financial Advisors in analysing our clients' assets in order to identify any critical issues relating to generational transfer;
- Development of banking services for households and the weakest social categories: harnessing the potential of digitalisation, we offer a roster of banking and asset management services at accessible prices that make daily operations — including payment and digital transactions — simple, efficient and secure;
- Risk control and customer support in investment management: we have created IT solutions that make it possible to grow and monitor our clients' assets over time, suggesting actions and strategies according to specific, constantly evolving needs;
- Clarity and transparency in communication with clients: in line with the indications of MiFID 2 and the provisions of our Internal Code of Conduct, transparency, accuracy and timeliness are the principles guiding the drafting of contracts, commercial documents and other communications with clients, with a particular focus on describing the characteristics of products and their risks, costs and charges;
- Focus on environmental and social issues: we have developed and continue to expand our range of sustainable investment products, which today are one of the distinctive aspects of our selling proposition. Our ESG solutions, which combine financial return goals with a focus on environmental, social and governance aspects relating to the investment solutions, include money-market and planned savings products. In addition, we also launched the new Private Markets solutions dedicated to investments in the real economy. At the end of 2022, the value of AUM tied to the ESG range accounted for 32.2% on total managed solutions (funds, Sicavs and insurance and financial underlying).
We steer our choices so as to ensure compatibility between economic initiative and environmental needs, taking an active role in creating a sustainable future.