Banca Generali adheres to the Women Empowerment Principles
A new step towards diversity & inclusion with the signing of the Women Empowerment Principles. Women Empowerment Principles international labour and human rights principles that are based on the recognition of an interest in and responsibility for gender equality in companies. In this way, Banca Generali becomes the first Italian network and the second financial company in the country to sign up to the project.
"We are delighted to have signed up to the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles. As part of the Generali Group, we have always been committed to promoting equity, respect and inclusion, both among our own people and in the communities in which we operate. We hope that our adhesion can be a stimulus for many other organisations: we are convinced that only by joining forces can we achieve true gender equality not only in the world of work, but also in our daily lives," commented our CEO and General Manager Gian Maria Mossa when joining the project.
Devised by the United Nations, the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEP) are a set of principles that offer guidance to businesses on how to promote gender equality and women's empowerment in the workplace, the marketplace and the community.
The UN idea revolves around 7 guiding principles:
- establishing a corporate culture and management that aims at gender equality;
- ensure equal treatment between men and women and support human rights and non-discrimination;
- ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all workers;
- promoting the education and training and professional development of women;
- implement business development, supply chain and marketing practices that recognise the power of women;
- promoting equality through social initiatives;
- measuring and publicly reporting progress with the aim of achieving gender equality.
Joining WEP therefore confirms the Bank's commitment to gender equality. In fact, to date, our numbers show substantial gender parity among our employees and the various projects we run are all focused on gender inclusion and aimed at the traditionally male-dominated world of financial advice.
The recognition comes from the German Institute of Quality and Finance, which each year analyzes investment portfolio proposals for a typical client developed by major Italian financial...
The bank led by CEO Gian Maria Mossa strengthens its commitment to sustainable growth in line with plan goals.
La società londinese Standard Ethics - specializzata nell'analisi della finanza sostenibile - ha alzato il Corporate Standard Ethics Rating (SER) a "EE+" dal precedente "EE" con outlook...
Our Bank honored by CFI for commitment to sustainable finance.